Geekalicious’ Vancouver recommendations from “going for the gold“ inspired me to ask, “How do you spend a beautiful day in your town or city?” I’m opening up the forum with a short-list of my 5 favorite things to do on a beautiful San Francisco day…
1. Eat brunch. There are many worthy eateries in “local flavor: the best SF grub“–especially at the brunch spots that have outdoor seating like Zazie. SF is a big brunch town and locals will be quick introduce you to their latest and greatest finds.
2. Shop in the local neighborhoods. Fillmore and Chestnut Street in Pacific Heights and the Marina are charming with shops full of pretty things to buy. I also love the Mission District for more funky, vintage and one-of-a-kind finds, plus, because of the location, it always feels a few degrees warmer than the rest of the city.
3. Explore SF’s parks. A hike through Land’s End always reinforces my allegiance to this city. Bluffs, cypress trees, beach, ocean views…all the while still being in the City. This pic says it all…
4. People watch at the Revolution Cafe in the Mission District and observe the congregation of bohemian artist-types that frequent this place…go on a Sunday and you get live jazz music as your soundtrack.
5. Enjoy the view at the Cliff House. The view of the Pacific Ocean is spectacular and only gets better when you’re sipping one of their delish bloody marys.
…How do you spend a beautiful day in your town or city?