Gals, it’s becoming a problem. I’m pretty much obsessed with our new it’s potent! eye cream. I waxed poetic about my love of this brightening eye cream in a post last week, but I’m back to share my top tips for getting the most out of your eye cream, straight from our talented expert aestheticians at the Benefit Brow Bar here in SF…
- Always apply your eye cream with your middle finger or ring finger – this ensures that you’re not using too much pressure on the delicate skin in the eye area.
- Never rub your eye cream into the skin. Simply pat it on with your finger using a light touch. Rubbing pulls at the skin, which can be damaging when it happens day after day. This same rule goes for applying concealer under the eyes or eye makeup on the lid…girls who pull your eyes tight to apply eyeliner – I’m talking to you!
- Pat the eye cream on the area below the eye, but not right up to your eyelash line. Focus applying it along the orbital bone and the natural oils on your skin will move it up your face to your undereye on its own.
- A little bit goes a long way. The ingredients in eye cream are concentrated, so if you slather it on like a lotion, it won’t absorb completely and thus you won’t be able to apply eye makeup or concealer flawlessly on top of it.
- The lip area is similarly delicate – if you’re in a pinch and don’t have a lip balm handy, eye cream works great when patted gently on the lips. I love this for when I’m traveling or when I hop out of the shower – I just dab on a little along the lip line.
- Steer clear of anything with a fragrance in the eye area. Some eye creams are scented, which is a lovely bonus in any product, except ones that may end up touching your eyes. I also haven’t had luck with intense anti-aging eye creams. For me, moisture is the #1 priority, and brightening dark circles and minimizing fine lines are tied for #2. Luckily, a little it’s potent does all these things…I guess that’s why it’s called it’s potent?
- BUZZarella bonus tip – for busty gals, you know that little crease you get between your “girls” after a long night of sleeping? Yeah, it isn’t pretty. Well, I’ve started using a little it’s potent there every morning when I apply my eye cream (hey, fine lines are fine lines, right?!) and I swear I’m seeing improvement. Try it!
What are your top tips for using eye cream and skincare to get the maximum results?