Last week, we posted the below pic to Facebook to showcase our crafty coworkers in the Benefit Beauty Central lab. They made this awesome Benefit tree with old Benefit catalogs! Today, I took a craft lesson from Titin to show us how to make your own Benefit tree!
1. For the base of the tree, make a cone out of thick or card stock paper. Trace out a triangle and then cut it out. Roll it into a cone and tape it together. You’ll cover it in paper, so this part doesn’t need to be pretty.
2. After the cone is taped together, turn your attention to the catalogs. Opening it up to the center spread, begin cutting zig-zags from the bottom to the top of the page (make sure you don’t cut all the way down, you want one piece)
3. Then cut down the center of the catalog page so you have two pieces.
4. Next, carefully glue each piece onto the cone starting at the bottom. You’ll want a thin piece of glue along the straight side because the triangles will be sticking out. Vary the colors of the pieces & allow time for the glue to dry after a few rows.
5. Last step! Fold up the triangles so the points stick out like leaves! Presto glamo! You have a tree!
6. If you’re feeling extra craft glue on ornaments like this silver boi-ing! Just fill in empty product containers with glitter n’ glue!
Do any of you have Benefit-inspired craft ideas of your own! Share below!