We’re in full-on summer vacation mode here at the office. Lake Tahoe, Palm Springs, Hawaii, Maine, Mexico, Europe…just to name a few destinations.
I’m leaving for a week- long vacation in Maine to visit my Dad in t-minus 2 days. I’m beyond excited and I plan on packing the bare minimum for both clothes and beauty products. When I’m on vacation, and especially in Maine, I try to go as simple as possible. Lots of jean shorts, slip on sneakers, cotton tops (tanks, t’s and long sleeves) for layering and maybe a sundress or two with a warm wrap sweater for those cool Maine nights. (a glass of red wine on the porch at sunset also helps warm me up too!)
In terms of beauty, I try to think…”what’s the jean shorts and t-shirt equivalent of makeup”? For me, it consists of the following:
- Sunscreen – I’ll be the first to tell you that I don’t ALWAYS wear sunscreen during the day. I know, I know. I just get lazy and figure, I’m inside at my desk 99% of the daylight hours so if I can save a step, I will. That being said, I know I’ll be outside a lot on vacay so I’ll be sure to bring my favorite sunscreen formulated just for the face. I’m fairly pale so while I do use the triple performing facial emulsion (which has SPF 15) in it, I’ll wear another layer if I’m going to be on the water or hiking around. My favorite is sunscreen Elta. It’s SPF 30 and has a slight tint to it too which makes it nice.
- boi-ing – Normally it’s on and around my nose (I always have a red nose) on my chin and under my eyes.
- instant brow pencil – Brows I fill in no matter what so the brow pencil is perfect if I’m going for speed.
- hoola – a light dusting with the biggest brush I can find all over my face.
- they’re real – to be honest during the day, while on vacay….I say no to mascara. It’s just a time I give my lashes to rest and breathe and have a little vacation of their own. However, I will bring some just in case I go out for a nice dinner …which I will this year since I’ll be celebrating my 1 year anniversary with my hubby while up in Maine!
What are your beauty must haves for summer vacation?