No purchase is necessary to enter or win this promotion. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
By participating in The Great Fakeup Find (the “Promotion”), each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Benefit Cosmetics LLC (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and scoring of entries and the overall administration of the Promotion. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older at time of entry (individually “Entrant”, collectively “Entrants”). Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, agencies, and the judging panel and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter, win or vote. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- TIMING: The Promotion begins March 21, 2013 at 8am PDT and ends on March 28, 2013 at 11:59pm PDT (the “Promotion Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: An Android or iPhone is required to enter this Promotion. To enter, download the free GooseChase app from either the iTunes App Store or the Android Marketplace. Sponsor is not responsible for any data or mobile usage fees as a result of downloading or using the application throughout the duration of the contest. You must include your name and email and join the Benefit Cosmetics Great Fakeup Find Contest within the GooseChase application. To participate in the game, entrants must solve different challenges (“Entries”). Entries must meet the specified requirements, as described in the GooseChase application. Points are awarded for each Entry, and the total is calculated for a final score. All eligible Entries must be received by Sponsor by March 28, 2013 at 11:59pm PDT.
- JUDGING: The following factors will be used to judge each Entry by Sponsor’s representatives: Completion of the criteria and awarded points will be as indicated in the Goosechase mobile application (“Judging Criteria”). The Goosechase mobile application will also provide criteria for additional points awarded for social sharing (via Twitter or Facebook) or points for creativity/originality of the post. Judging & Entry moderation will begin on March 21, 2013 PDT and will continue through the duration of the contest. Entries will be revoked and allowed to be repeated if the content does not follow directions or has explicit content. Sponsor’s representatives will score each Entry based on the Judging Criteria. The 3 entries that receive the highest scores will win. In the event of a tie for the Grand Prize, the Entrant to complete the criteria first will be awarded the prize. Goosechase will be the official time keeper of all entries. Entrants are subject to verification that they are qualified participants as defined by these rules.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: Each Entrant competing must complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. Sponsor must receive the completed Affidavit by April 15th at 8am PDT or Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify Entrant. Non-compliance with these Official Rules, failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact an Entrant (using the contact information provided in his or her Entry) within a reasonable time period, as determined by Sponsor’s sole discretion, may result in disqualification.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant is responsible for his or her Entry and the consequences of posting or publishing it. In connection with the Entry, each Entrant affirms, represents, and warrants that: (i) Entrant owns or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use the Entry in the manner contemplated by Sponsor; and (ii) Entrant has obtained the written consent, release and permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the Entry to use that person’s name or likeness in the Entry and in the manner contemplated by Sponsor. By submitting an Entry to Sponsor, Entrant (i) waives any and all rights in and to any material submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion (including all moral and other rights of authorship); (ii) hereby acknowledges and agrees that Entries (including material submitted by Entrant in connection with the Promotion) become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned; and (iii) grants Sponsor the absolute right to edit, modify, publish, exploit and use an Entry, voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, written works, and all other information or materials that Entrant has provided or may provide in connection with this Promotion in any media, now known or hereafter devised, and in any manner, without further approval, permission or consideration, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Sponsor is under no obligation to use an Entry. Distribution, copying, resale, or any other use is prohibited. These materials are provided “as is” without warranties of any kind. Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, disclaim any warranties, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, and of fitness for a particular purpose. Except to the extent prohibited by applicable laws, Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates shall not be liable for any damages including special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages or fees or loss arising out of the use or the inability to use these materials. By participating in the Promotion, you accept this limited license.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Each Entry submitted (i) must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image (as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion), (ii) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, contain nudity, unlawful or plagiarized, (iii) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, (iv) may not violate or encourage others to violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, (v) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property right or any other third party right, (vi) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including display of corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sponsor, (vii) may not include references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms or any depiction or representation thereof and (viii) may not include any virus, worm, corrupt file, Trojan horse or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise Sponsor’s web site or the proper conduct of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the accuracy or truthfulness of any information contained within a submitted Entry. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any Entry is not appropriate for publication on the Site or for any other public release and if Entry is in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an Entry for any reason. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Promotion.
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be awarded with $500 Approximate Retail Value “ARV” of Benefit Cosmetics as determined by the Sponsor. Two (2) Runners-Up will each be awarded with $250 ARV of Benefit Cosmetics as determined by Sponsor. Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Please allow 12-14 weeks for prize delivery. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will receive a Federal Tax Form 1099. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion, unless such substitution is prohibited by law. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
- WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected based on the Judging Criteria from valid Entries received during the Promotion Period. Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding. Each winning Entrant will be notified via email. The potential winning Entrant must respond to Sponsor’s prize notification email within 5 business days from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email. In the event that the potential winning Entrant does not respond to Sponsor’s prize notification email within the specified time or the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, a new winner will be chosen based on the Judging Criteria. Alternate winners will be contacted via email and must respond to the Sponsor’s prize notification email within 5 business days from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email.
- LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, mobile phone applications or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile phone relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site or the mobile application) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents are not responsible for: any potential injury or bodily harm that may befall any of the participants throughout the duration of the contest; any damage caused to property as a result of Entry generation; any reimbursement for products or materials used to create Entries. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information into the application is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries or Votes will be void.
- INDEMNITY: Entrant shall indemnify and defend Sponsor its parent companies, each of Sponsor’s advertising agencies, and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of all of the foregoing and the successors and assigns of each of them, from and against actions, claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable counsel fees related to (i) Entrant’s use of any prize, (ii) the Sponsor’s use of any of the materials submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion or (iii) any intentional misconduct or negligence by Entrant in connection with this Promotion.
- RELEASES: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, Entrants release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning Entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. Limit one (1) GooseChase account per person. If more than 1 account per person is received or if any person attempts to create more than one account by using the same, multiple or different names or email addresses may be deemed void and that person may be disqualified from the Promotion. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other Entrant.
- WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “The Great Fakeup Find!,” Attn: Benefit Cosmetics LLCUS Digital Marketing, 225 Bush Street 20th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by April 30, 2013.
- SPONSOR: Benefit Cosmetics LLC 225 Bush Street, 20th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104.